As a web Developer we need some local server to host our code so we can preview and run them offline to know how they are working and to know if we are having bugs or not that is why we need XAMPP to do This , So this article will teach you what XAMPP is and how you can install it on your machine.
What Is XAMPP
Before we begin properly let know what xampp is and what its used for, XAMPP is a free and open-source cross-platform web server solution stack package developed by Apache Friends, consisting mainly of the Apache HTTP Server, MariaDB database, and interpreters for scripts written in the PHP and Perl programming languages.
How To Install XAMPP On You Machine
- Download XAMPP from Apache Friends. Here
Note: If you have special version requirements for PHP, then download the version you’re required to install. If you don’t have a version requirement, then download the oldest version, as it may help you to avoid issues trying to install a PHP based software.
Double-click the file to run the installer.
- Click the OK button on the warning to continue
- Click the Next button.
- XAMPP offers a variety of components that you can install, such as MySQL, phpMyAdmin, PHP, Apache, and more. For the most part, you will be using most of these components, as such it’s recommended to leave the default options and click the Next button.
- Use the default install location settings, or choose another folder to install the software, and click the Next button.
- Clear the Learn more about Bitnami for XAMPP option.
- Click the Allow access button to allow the app through the firewall (if applicable).
- Click the Finish button.
- Choose your language (English or German).
- Click the Save button.
- Once you’ve completed the steps, the XAMPP Control Panel will launch, and you can begin the web server environment configuration.