Welcome to my today review on a very important topic on development , it has been a major field of concentration that so many upcoming programmer spend alot of time to know a part to fit in development , so my review today will enlighten your the major difference between web APP And A native APP. Before i proceed i must not fail to give credits to some important expert that made my reviews successful with their article. Priya Viswanathan ,suraj kumar.
Let hit straight to our review today, when we say web app or native app what was the first thing that came to your mind, when let take a look at the meaning of these two powerfull field that anyone can choose and make life time profit.
WEB APPLICATIONS (Web App)
NATIVE APPLICATION (Native App)
Native Apps vs. Mobile Apps
The Difference Between Native and Web Apps
APP DEVELOPMENT PROCESS
Native App or Web App (pros and cons)
According to a recent study of native apps vs. Web apps. Many companies now opt out for including both these types of apps. One also has the advantage of working with HTML5, CSS,JS and freely available tools for cross-platform formatting, which make things easier. However, this post is for those who would still like to know more about the strengths and weaknesses of native apps and Web apps.Are you a Developer or You Need to Develop a Mobile App for your Business?Here is the list of pros and cons of Native and Web apps.
Pros of Native Apps:
Native apps works with the device’s build in features,they are easier to work with and also the performance is quite faster on the device.
Native apps gets full support from the platform Developer or the Market place.
Before publishing in app store they are properly verified for all safety and security points.
From a developer point of view, Native app work out better,who are provided the SDK and all other tool to create the app easily.
Cons of Native Apps:
- Native apps are more expensive in term of developers as you need to hire different developer for developing apps for different platforms.
- The cost of app maintenance and app updating is also higher for native apps, especially if this app supports more than one mobile platform.
- The process of getting approval for publishing your app to the store may be time taking and not always result in success.
- On Different mobile devices uaser may uses different version of app which makes the developer job very difficult to maintain and provide support.
Pros of Web Apps or Hybrid App:
- Web Apps are much easier to develop as they use single code base for developing apps for all platform.
- It is compitable with almost all devices.
- No need to submit you app to App store or any other market place.
- User does not need to visit app store they can access the app in any device.
- They are very light as compared to native apps.
Cons of Web Apps:
- Mobile Web apps only have limited scope as far as accessing a mobile device’s features is concerned.
- Web apps that support multiple mobile browsers can prove to be an expensive proposition for developers, as it raises the costs of developing and maintaining them.
- Different users work with different mobile browsers. This can make it difficult for you to maintain a record of their usage patterns and also provide support for all of them.
- Users may sometimes find it difficult to discover a Web app, as it is not systematically listed in any app store.
Since there is no regularized quality control system for Web apps, users may not always be guaranteed safety and security of the app
Deciding between Native or Web App:
In order to decide if you want to develop a native app of Web app, you need to consider the following points:
- How important speed and performance would be, to you
- If you would like your app to include any device-specific features
- If you want your app to be Internet-enabled
- If you want your app to support multiple mobile platforms and devices and if yes, how many
- Your budget, vs. the estimated cost of developing your app
- If you would like to monetize your app in the future
FAQ for Amateur Mobile App Developers
Consider the above aspects and then make an informed choice of the method you would like to adopt to develop your app.